Thursday, August 30, 2007

MEXICO for Treatment

It has been a few days since this has been updated but we have been busy making this decision and then making the move.

We talked with Dr. Bradford about the hyperthermia to the liver and infusions to the blood with nutrients and antioxidants. These procedures are not "standard" in America and he has opted to practice outside the U.S. Dr. Bradford did his residency and internship at Stanford University and has been practicing for 30 years. He does not have a personal website as yet but you can look up a website for information at www.americanbiologics.com, however, this site is still being constructed. We also talked to a woman who had been through the treatment for her own cancer (several kinds) over 10 years ago and how Dr. Bradford saved her life. She also gave us other referrals of people from the Bay Area who had received similar healing treatments.

Sunday, Jon's hair was coming out by the handfuls so we just buzzed the whole head. As of Monday, Jon had developed yet another symptom of this liver cancer. He started throwing up most everything he ate. So now with the pain in the abdomen and right shoulder, pain medication that was barely adequate and now vomiting and receiving no nutrition and continuing to lose weight, we felt Dr. Bradford's recommendation for immediate help was our only answer. We drove to Laguna Hills on Tuesday to stay with my folks.

We checked him into the hospital in Tijuana, Mexico Wednesday at 2:30pm. (Building with glass front.) He was given food immediately, history taken and blood drawn. We then met with Dr. Rodriguz who took a blood smear from his finger and put it under the microscope. We looked on as she described the blood cells on the screen and the problem areas. After the chemo treatment, there were obvious deficiencies! After making an assessment of Jon's needs from the condition of his blood, she prescribed several bags of liquid by IV containing all the vitamins and minerals he would need for fighting cancer, in addition to medication for nausea and an appetite enhancer.

Today he has been eating very well. There has been a sort of "port" put in his upper chest for the IV liquids being infused into his body. He also received his first hyperthermia treatment to the liver. He said it heated his whole body up and when done his clothes were soaked with sweat. I guess that's a good way to get rid of toxins in the body! The second bed there is for me when I can be with him, but I drove home today to work the pool business and will go back next week.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are in my thoughts everyday - i am sending blessings and love your way everyday. <3

The Ross Family said...

MOM,
It sounds like dad is really doing great. I think he looks good with short hair. But being here in Tacoma with the military base so close, i am use to seeing the crew cut on alomst every guy around it seems. I pray about this decision and i feel so confident that it is right. There is such a peace in my heart now that i can not describe it. I use to cry at the thought of losing him and now honestly, there are no tears to cry, just tears of happiness and it feels good after so many tears of pain. I love you both and can not wait to see you again in 4 weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Jon,
You are a pioneer! Isn't it wonderful that this treatment is available for you.
We too think you look great with your "new do".
We send you lots of love, prayers and good thoughts through this.
Linda and Dan H.

Kaylinn said...

Great strides Dad! :) I'll come and visit lots. Whats a few hours when I can jump the boarder. Maybe I'll relate to my students better. :) Its funny, Stephanie says that the rule is, pull the "C" card whenever you want. Its kind of a right of passage. "Nope, can't go to work today..."C" CARD!!!" :)

Anonymous said...

Jon: Melyn and I are praying for you. I know that this is not the way that you and Di were planning on seeing Mexico together. I found some pictures of us in Chichen- Itza together. Great times, so when you get feeling better after the treatments,let's all go take a dip in the ocean together. :) Love ya, Steve C.

Anonymous said...

Jon:
I just found out about this blog from Dad. On Wednesday (while you were checking in to the hospital, but without knowing anything about that) I finally allowed myself to really experience my true feelings about you having cancer. I just asked myself, "what is here," without moving any closer to or any further away from my feelings, I just met them completely. (I had no idea you had found treatment with real promise.) At first, I simply felt pain. Then I noticed that the pain was really more energy than anything else. I asked myself, "what is this energy?" The only thing that came to mind was, "red." It then occurred to me that blood is red, and that I was experiencing that my "blood brother" was in trouble. I couldn't help crying. In a short time, I realized that the color of the energy had turned to white. And I realized I was experiencing love. Pure pristine white-light love. And I cried even more, because I realized how MUCH I love you. We not only share the same blood, we have shared the same life. Tears ran down my cheeks and onto my shirt as I simply allowed myself to experience the wonderous joy of being one with you and loving you as myself, while simultaneously being aware of the pain of possibly losing you. Then I noticed that all of these intense feelings were "located" or "present" inside a "space" of pure still peace. And I realized that it was not necessary to try to "get over" or "resolve" the fear, or grief, or other feelings that might arise. Because I could simply "hold" all of them inside that still space of peace. It's a nice place to hold them. I think it's remarkable that I found such peace as you were checking in to the hospital. And now that I have read about what you are doing with Dr. Bradford, I understand why I felt so certain, as Dad was voicing your priesthood blessing, that your recovery was assured. Again I say, as I did silently during your blessing, "Thank you Lord, Thank You Thank You Thank You. Thank You So Much!!!" I am so blessed to be your brother.
Eternally yours,
Doug

Anonymous said...

After talking with Jon and the opportunity, I am supportive of the decision. I know through prayer and faith, the Lord opens opportunities. We pray daily for Jon's recovery and hope this treatment will be the answer to all our prayers. We know how difficult this must be, not only for jon, but for Diane and the children. We know hte Lord will be with....... we love you and pray for you daily. Steve, Joan and Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi John and Diana,
I'm so excited to see you chose to go to Mexico. I want you to know if the intense promtings I'd had that you needed to hear about Franchesca and this facility. That's why I felt so confident this would be something you needed to try. I'm so glad I chose to listen to the spirit. Sounds like the Lord really helped to facilitate your decision making after we saw you Sunday. I hope you'll continue to share your experience. I know that you are meant to be an example for others. Through this difficult test, you will guide someone else or possibly many others to have faith and hope.
"Ask and ye shall receive.."
Makes me think of our missionary sons and the strength, quidance, and endurance they ask the Lord for each day.
I'm so honored to have your family in my life and my childrens lives for all these years. You are all true examples and I thank you all for being such beautiful people and most of all for the UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and support you all show!! I love you all.
Doreen

Anonymous said...

Jon and Diane,
Thinking of you everyday. We're grateful to be able to know what's going on (thanks for this blog. We wish with all our hearts that you were not burdened with the pain. We admire your strength and are more grateful than can be expressed to hear that you have found a treatment that brings hope and the promise of a future to enjoy!! We add our prayers to all the others daily!!
Love, Carol and Brent

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Jon,
It's Scott, Doug's son. I'm excited to hear about the hyperthermia treatment. I am checking this blog regularly to keep abreast. You have my very best wishes and hopes.

Scott Wright
scott@wright.name

Anonymous said...

Jon and Di,
My son Scott told me about your blog. I spoke with Doug when he was on his way to California to see you. I just cried. It has been so long since I have seen you. Please know that you have been in my heart and my prayers ever since. I miss you both.
Karen Wright
kbw@seniorpro.com

Anonymous said...

We are so impressed and inspired with the attitude of you and your children, and the unity,love and faith of your family. Thanks for this blog - just discovered it tonight - so we can keep up with ones we have admired and loved for so long. You both are in our prayers daily. Melanie and Rick

Anonymous said...

Jon
I met with your friend, Mike O'Brien, today and he filled me in on the challenges now facing you. How lucky you are to have a friend like him. He hooked me up with Diane who gave me your blog information. Just wanted you to know I will stay up to date via your blog and will continue to pray for you until you beat this thing.
Gary Nemetz